Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, August 3, 2009

Tallahassee Community College - Week 6 - Transfers

First things first.
I got the medicine and the other goodies as well. Thanks!!! I totally forgot to write for the Ties and I sent a letter home but it might get there too late. :( but Rachel’s baptism is good too. maybe you could throw in some other lines like 'hey y'all' or something so it sounds like I really wrote it. :D
I'm going to send you my card and write down all the pictures for you. Then you can have them. If you want to send me a new on, or just send me the old one after you get it. Either way I think I'll just send pictures home every transfer, unless you want them faster than that.
Ok now for my week
Hey Y'all family and friends!!
This week has definitely had its ups and downs. It started off great at the beginning of the week. We had all these lessons planned, we were going to give Hilary a baptismal date and we were going to find more 'gators', but somehow none of that happened. We had a lesson with a guy named Shawn. I'm not sure if I mentioned him before. He was in the Service for six years. He is now going to school at FSU. Ben Pope (member) invited us to dinner with him and Shawn. We taught him about the restoration of the Gospel and he told us about how he feels God will never forgive him. We tried to convince him other wise and tried to explain the Atonement to him, but he wasn't buying any of it. He was nice enough to ask us to come over again though. We went over the next sunday for dinner. Shawn made us dinner this time and he made Corn Beef and Cabbage stew. Oh!! it was so good! and there was so much we couldn't eat all of it. There were eight of us and six were Elders. After the hearty meal we discussed the Plan of Salvation and how we are here to learn and to grow. We are also here to use our body and continue to use it and learn from it. When we slip the atonement is there as our 'safety net'. No unclean thing can stand in God's presence, but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can all become clean. He listen to us and understood everything, but he wasn't sure if he believed yet. 'I want to try it out and continue to do research on my own,' is what he kept telling us. We just smiled and said, 'perfect, experiment with the 'word' and see if it works in your own life.' He's a great guy and he'll find what he's looking for someday.
The rest of the week just went south. We met with Hilary on Tuesday. There was a member there too who brought her friend who was a nonmember. So we taught her instead of teaching Hilary. We set up a time to teach her on thursday, but she canceled and set up a time for friday. Friday came and she had to cancel again. We didn't see her until Church on sunday. ugh, we are supposed to meet her on tuesday this week. I hope it works out.
Thursday was when we were going to be in the Booth. At TCC we have a booth on
thursdays where we sit in the Student Union and talk to students who pass by. We were only going to be there for two hours, but Alex canceled his lesson with us and Hilary canceled too. So we sat there for six hours. BOREING!! Friday came excited to do the 'chalk walk' on FSU. We got there and started to draw the plan of salvation. After we got done we started to talk to people. Five minutes later it started to rain. Florida rain sucks. It just comes in bucket loads. It washed away our plan of salvation and the side walk was too wet to draw it back on. We contacted for a couple of hours then went home and ate lunch. We left our place and went to find some potentials. After the first three houses it started to rain again. This time it was insane. I've never seen so much rain. It just kept coming. We decided it would be best to ride home and wait it out (we couldn't see the end). In the ten minutes it took to ride home, everything was soaked. EVERYTHING my pants, my shoes and socks, my shirt and tie (even though it was underneath my jacket) and even a couple pamphlets and books of mormon. It was terrible. We just sat there and waited for it to stop. Saturday came and we were going to help a lady move. Well we got to her house and she didn't have a key for her new place, so we couldn't move. We went home and took an early lunch. Five minutes before we were about to leave it starts to rain. So we weekly planned for an hour and got ready to go to a new member lesson with a girl named Carly. Carly canceled and we finished weekly planning. We did everything we could think of and called anyone who might want to meet with us and nothing happened. Well at this time its only 4:00. We're fasting so were not coming home until 8. We have no idea what to do. We started tracting, but no one is home. They are all moving or haven't moved yet. Every 7th house had someone and it took about 5 people until we found someone interested enough just to listen. It was terrible. There is some good news. We had a mission wide fast for the Book of Mormon. To help us see it work in our lives and the lives of our investigators. Everyone did a 24 hour fast, but don't worry, I did a 12 and 12 hour fast. It was a really cool experience. We are all trying to finish the Book of Mormon by October 3. If anyone would like to join me I challenge you to take time to read the Book of Mormon. Mark it in a way that will help you see the way the lord blesses his children. We use a two colored pencil. RED marks the requirements that we have to do and BLUE marks the blessings, characteristics and anything the Lord will do in return. It helps apply the Book of Mormon to each and everyone of us.
Transfers!!! Guess where I'm going?? Pensacola? Mobile? Thomasville Georgia)? Dothon? Panama City? Ft Walton? Destin? If you have guessed any of these your wrong. haha I'm staying in Tallahassee on TCC. Elder Krieser is leaving for Navarre. Thats over by Pensecola. Elder Perkins is coming to TCC with me as the new District Leader. I've heard good things about him.
Well that’s all the news I have. I think that’s really cool that the MLS vs Everton game was awesome!! did any of you get to see it? I got letters from both grandparents, Sara and Ayrn, Megan, Shannon, Kristen, Dad, Erik’s e-mails, Mikes e-mails, and anyone else I forgot to mention.Well these first six weeks have flown by. Have a fun and safe summer and good luck preparing for school. Someday I'll send that package for Shannon and the Girls. I love y'all and I’m praying for you.
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment