Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, August 10, 2009

Tallahassee Community College - Week 7

Hello Y'all
This week was crazy. Elder Krieser and Elder Gates (FSU Elder) both got transferred. They were very sad and moped around Monday and Tuesday. We woke up early, early Wednesday morning and the Zone Leaders came and picked us up. I stayed with Elders O'Niones and Hill. Elder Hill is from Woodscross and grew up with Tyler Miller. They're both great missionaries and we contacted on FSU until we had to go inside because of a lightening warning. My new companion, Elder Perkins, came later that night and we dropped off his stuff and went straight to work. We helped Rich, a member, move into his new place. Then he took us out to dinner. By the time we got home it was 8:30 and Elder Perkins' stuff was still packed in his bags. He finished unpacking the next day and we were off to work.
Friday we did 'chalk walk' again. It was great. We talked with a lot of people. One man was once part of the RLDS group. But he broke away from that and is no longer religious. He asked me how I knew that the Book of Mormon was true. I got to bear my testimony to him right there on campus. That the Book of Mormon is more than a really cool story book, with wars and amazing men like Captain Moroni. Its a gift from God. As we read it and search for the deeper meanings by applying it to our own lives we come to understand that these men were prophets of God teaching to people how to reach to him through Jesus Christ. Prophets like Nephi, Jarom, Alma, Abinidi, Alma the Younger, Sons of Mosiah, Captain Moroni, Nephi and Lehi, Brother of Jacob, Mormon and Moroni. Every time they wrote it was for OUR profit and learning. We can learn from their words and receive the blessings they promise as we give heed to what they wrote. Its an amazing blessing to have the Book of Mormon.
Well, after that fantastic day we found out some very distressing news. All campuses, FSU TCC and FAMU, are closed for the next two weeks. Its the break between summer and fall semester and all students are going home for the break. Dorms have been cleaned out. Leases and contracts are ending in apartments and everyone seems to be moving somewhere new. We are truggling to find stuff to do. Tracting is useless because no one is there. Contacting is the same. We've planned a couple of activities to do over the next two weeks, but we're still left with a lot of time. We have a couple of ideas like malls, flea markets and scouting out different apartments around our area, but I'll have to let you know how that works out.
I'm glad you all are doing great and that summer has been fun for all. I'm really jealous of Shannon and Kristen, but I think my tan can beat theirs. Sounds like Megan is kicking trash once again and enjoying it. I wasn't going to get any jewelry, but then I saw the Tennis shoes and I knew I had to get them. Then I couldn't leave out Kristen and Shannon so I got them some too. I'm thinking Megan should wear those on match days. :) jk.
I love you all and I hope you're excited for the new school year. Oh! BYU is
playing FSU on the 29th of Sept I think. That's way cool that Kristen will be at that game. A bunch of members from here are going up to watch it. Next year BYU will come to Seminole town. haha
I love you and I'm praying for you.
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment