Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Students Are Back!!!!!

Hey Y'all
I'm sorry my e-mail was late. I didn't even know it did that. haha. WHERE IS CAMERON GOING?!? That was on my mind all week. I want to know where that boy is going. I got a letter from him and I'll send him an e-mail, but now I have to wait until Monday to find out. :( I'm glad Clark is doing great and 'Who is this Girl?' Someone from his ward? Someone he met?
I got the letter with the camera cards. I'm sorry the pictures didn't turn out so well, I tried to change the setting yesterday and I think I got it. There was no 'fine' or 'best' on my camera, but there was high sensitivity. Maybe that will work. Anyways I'll keep trying to get that right. I wore my tie for Nate today. I hope he's doing well in the MTC. Its always rough the first couple of days, no matter how prepared you are.
Well students are finally back on campus. Last week was the last week of the break. We did a lot of service including cleaning the church. We also had our Zone Conference on Friday. I love zone conference. It’s so refreshing to hear President Summerhays talk to us. It feels as if he gives us new life each time we hear his voice. We went over some surveys that each missionary took in preparation for Zone Conference. There was a 'remember this' and a 'missionary hand book' survey. Each of which we rated ourselves on how we did in each category. I felt pretty good about mine and I talked a little about it during my interview. But during the meeting he went on this crazy tangent, but then it ended up being the coolest thing ever.
We talked about what the Lord expects of us and if he has anything prepared for us. Some thought that our lives were already planned out for us and that it didn't matter what we did certain things would happen. I disagreed to some extent claiming that God had in store for us callings, priesthood responsibilities, blessings, family, temple and other topics. I also included a verse from Doctrine and Covenants that states that a man must be 'anxiously engaged in a good cause'. The Lord cares what we do with our live but at the same time he doesn't. He wants us to live and learn from our mistakes and become like him. 'This time is a probationary state to prepare to meet God.' (Off the top of my head I'm not sure where that is, but my guess is Alma 7.) President thought it was interesting, but proved me wrong. Kindly. :) He said the Lord knows all things. Past, Present and Future. So if he knows all things he knows what we've done, what we're doing and what we're going to do in our lives and certain situations. He knows all. He has a plan for each of us whether(??) it be stake president or just a home teacher he has something in store for us. He knows how our mission will be, he knows who we will marry, he knows how much our families will love each other and he knows when he will take us up to rest. He knows all. However, he in no way what-so-ever takes away our free agency. EVER. We still have the ability to choose, to learn, to grow, and to progress toward him, but he knows which path we will choose. He has to, if he's going to prepare us for a family, calling or some responsibility that may at the time seem unimportant, but in time we will be able to see his hand in every step of our life. It was the coolest tangent ever. When he stops going by the book and just teaches from the heart. Those thoughts and feelings the spirit puts into him, you can feel and hear angels encircled about him. It’s the most incredible thing I've ever seen.
President also spoke at our stake conference, but it wasn't nearly as cool as Zone conference. But he did say this. "A man is given a calling based on the capabilities of his wife." Haha. I thought it was funny and so true. Those men who we look up to have amazing wives. Adam couldn't do it without Eve. She knew the consequences of her actions, but she also knew what it would take to find happiness and joy. Without Eve there is no human race. Anyways. This week was somewhat productive, but like I said the students are back and I'm excited.
I love you all and I'm praying for you.
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment