Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tallahassee Community College - Week 8

Hello Everyone!!
This week has been suprisingly productive. We haven't really been able to focus on Key Indicators, but we have done a lot of service and activities to help us with the fall semester coming up. All the appartments are still empty, but we've been told that they'll fill up within the next week.
Um. We were told yesterday over the pulpit that there is a tropical storm here and two hurricanes on the way. In other words, service is right around the corner. :) I've never been in an extreme storm like a Hurricane before. It rains like crazy here just on regular storms. Even the small storms dump more water than a big storm in Utah. Its insane how big the rain drops get. Its not raining today, but it feels like we walked into a shower. There are clouds everywhere and it is so humid.
Hilary is doing awesome. She still doesn't have a baptisimal date, but she comes every sunday, goes to other activites like FHE and TNT and is there for all of our appointments. She doesn't know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God yet, but she will. Until then we'll keep teaching her and encouraging her to read. She is starting Dance in a week. She just had a big dance weekend where she danced for about 9 hours a day. Shannon would get along great with her. She said the dance she did was a mix between ballet and african. ??? Not sure what that would look like, but she loved it!!
As for me everything is great. My companion, Elder Perkins is awesome and
patient. Especially since we have no one to teach. I'm eating fine, except for the fact that the members only feed us maybe once a week and we're in a biking area. All of my money goes to food. But don't worry. I eat a lot and i'm eating healthy too. Chicken, Vegatables, Eggs, Fruits, PB&J's hmmmm, mac and cheese, granola and yogurt. Its just that I don't have money to spend on other items,like m&m's, candy, subway, t-shirts and other non-important stuff. :)
Cameron - My guess is . . . Ecuador.
Rooster + Bear = Good Times. hahahaha
So is Megan on JV or Varsity. Or does it even matter?
Kristen better go to the BYU vs FSU game. Its on the 19th. I think I said 29th last time, but its on the 19th of Sept. I'll be watching it. While teaching an investigator of course. :)
Shannon. Hey would you write a letter for Hilary for me? It would be nice if you could intertwine dance and the gospel. :) How has Dance helped you with life, young womens, school, church etc. That would be fantastic. I think Hilary would enjoy that and maybe I can get her to send something to you.
Dad, Thanks for the letters. I was almost reading along with you, but I started the Book of Mormon over because our mission President asked us to. So now I'm behind trying to catch up.
Mom. I'm eating, I'm healthy, I have a little trouble sleeping, but its getting better. I drink gatorade every morning and night. I haven't gotten hurt yet. I think thats everything. :) Oh! we found some bible flash cards at the dollar store. Who was the oldest person in the Bible?
Love you all and I'm praying for you. Have fun in school!! haha
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment