Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, August 31, 2009

College, College, College

Hello,

Sounds like Tennis is the sport to be playing. You get dates and salsa!! Have you made salsa yet? That’s the one thing I'm really going to miss this fall. Stealing salsa from the Tennis team. It was so good!!! Congrats Megan on your continuing winning streak. Sounds like you're bouncing in and out of...well...everything. I remember when Dave would move me from position to position. I didn't like it at all, but maybe you enjoy getting to know all of the girls. :)
Man, I thought Kristen would last longer than a week. Oh, well, I guess dates are good. Did she give her REAL number or someone else’s?
Shannon's getting to dance the solo again? Is that fair? Is she that good? Maybe. ;) I know you're good Shannon. Sounds like all of you are having fun without me. Moving on in life to bigger and better things.
College is crazy. I'm not in college nor a part of college, but Tallahassee comes to life when school is in. It is definitely a college town. FSU football is about to be here. Next e-mail I send you will be game day. They are playing Miami and all the locals are getting ready for it. Some have been getting ready for weeks. Apparently football is big here. :)We've been told that College Game Day will be here at Florida State. That’s going to be fun. I'm not sure what we're going to do during a football game yet. I've been told that it becomes our P-day. We'll find out soon.
So this week has been great and bad. Bad first. Elder Perkins and I have been separated a lot this week. Mostly weekend. He is the District Leader and has had to go on splits with the other missionaries. There have been some problems between the Elders and Sisters in our district. He has been taking some of the Elders out for the day or night to talk with them and hear their story. Its been very weird being on the other end. I can't tell you what goes on, but I get to be the one to let them 'vent'. Its not very fun just listening, but whatever.
Hilary did not see us during the week. She has started school and is taking extra dance classes. about 7-10 each night. That’s about 15 hours a week. She also has school and hasn't made room for us yet. She is still working on her schedule and hopefully we can meet with her on Sunday and figure it all out. She is reading Our Search for Happiness. I love that book and I thought it would help her out too. She's only at the introduction, so I'm not sure how she likes it yet.
Alan is our new investigator. We met him on Sunday at Stake Conference. He is
from Orlando and is very very interested in the Church. He has been to sacrament before, he's met with the missionaries before and he has taken an institute class before. We were both thinking in our heads, 'Why aren't you baptized yet? You've gone to more things than most members.' Well we started teaching him and found out that Families is very important to him. So we taught him the Plan of Salvation, focusing on Families. It was so cool to teach and then here him testify. We gave him a commitment to read Moroni 10 and he said that by reading that chapter it didn't give him an answer, it re-assured his answer he got before he met us. By the end of our meeting we invited him to be baptized. Not only did he accept, his answer was, Absolutely.' It was amazing and I'm so excited for Alan. The Former Elder Renshaw might have met him before. He was meeting with missionaries down there. I think his last name is Rodriguez. Alan 'De Jesus' Rodriguez. He has a cool story about his name. But back to business, Alan is getting baptized on the 19th of Sept. Do you know what day that is? All of you who are reading this e-mail should know. I mean ALL of you. Especially Brother Whiting. Something about a football and two teams. ;) Its going to be a very spiritual day for us missionaries. Haha.
Well other than that we are just chillin' and staying dry. Its good to hear from you all and I think both Grandparents, Call and Clement got my previous trivia right. Methuselah, or however you spell it, was the oldest recorded man in the Bible. Good job.
Florida is awesome and a little wet, but no hurricanes. Thanks for all your
prayers back home. I know they've definitely helped.
I love you all and I love hearing each of your individual stories from your
letters.
I love you
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment