Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ozark, Alabama

79 B Woodview Dr.
Ozark AL 36360

Yes I got my flu shot. It took like 2 hours to wait in that stupid line.

I'm glad you got my package. Sorry it wasn't anything exciting, I just didn't
want to lugg it around with me to each area.


Hey ya'll,
Sorry my letter to the boys was long. You guys are more than welcome to read and share it. It’s a good one. ;)
This week has been crazy. I said all my goodbyes to everyone on campus. I was really surprised at how many people I touched there. They were giving me hugs and goodies and even a new tie! I said my goodbyes and I left early Wednesday morning for the transfer spot. The Zone Leaders came and picked me up. OH! side note. After Monday when we got transfer info, there were about 4 more unexpected changes for transfers. Nothing affecting me, but campus got changed a lot. One of the new elders from the MTC didn't show up! So Elder Perkins is now in a threesome training. haha.
Anyways, I got to the transfer spots and we were on our way. I got to ride with Elder Durfey. He's an AP and told us about his time in Bainbridge GA. The stake was changing and we were getting a new area in our mission. So Elder Durfey went out there for a week to meet the other Elders and to see how the work was going there. It was terrible. The Elders in the other mission had to follow quotas and get so many investigators and baptisms set by their zone leaders or the mission president. They have had 15 baptisms in the last year! Sounds pretty good, but only 3 now come to church. Their retention is horrible. They even try to set a baptismal date on the doorstep with people. Sad. It really makes me grateful for President Summerhays. He doesn't push us. He trusts us with our areas and when we are with him, he uses the spirit so perfectly it’s like the spirit is standing in front of you talking to you. I love mission president, and Zone Conference is this week. Back to my travel, I met my new companion Elder Brian at the transfer spots.
He's only been out 3 months and is really nervous. I went with him and it was about a hour and a half drive to Ozark. I was exhausted by the time we got there. I slept for about an hour.
Ozark is amazing. It was a little weird adjusting to a family ward. They have about a dozen youth and a million primary and nursery kids! And about half the moms are pregnant!! It’s a big change in atmosphere, but I really like it so far. We get fed every night!! I haven't been here a week yet and I've had more food than I can handle. Its so cool. haha
They have 4 baptisimal dates here in Ozark already and 3 more really progressing investigators. The members all invite their friends to activities and missionary work in poppin' here. It'll be a really fun transfer.
I feel like I'm leaving something out, but I can't think of it right now. I'd love to get a package, but don't worry about sending me food. I have more than I can deal with right now. haha
Love ya'll and I can't wait to share about Zone Conference next week. :)
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment