Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, October 26, 2009

Heath gets baptized!! Transfer Week!!

Hey Ya'll,
This week was awesome! Heath Hartley is now a member of the Church! It was an amazing weekend. Just as good as when Alan got baptized. I was privileged to be the one to baptize Heath. We got dressed into our white clothes and he was getting nervous, but Alan came in and gave him a big hug. We did the usual routine with hymns and talks, then we went into the font. The water was luke warm, but Heath was shaking while he was standing next to me. At first it looked like he was unsure, but he nodded when I asked him if he was ready. Said the prayer and led him under the water. When he came up it seemed like he was unsure what happened. When we were in the dressing room changing he was shaking. He kept telling me it wasn't because he was cold, but that he couldn't describe his feelings. It was awesome, he was so happy and the conformation on Sunday made it even better. Heath didn't have a voice the next day, I'm not sure why, but he was the happiest I've ever seen him. Hopefully I will get to see him today or tomorrow.
So transfer information is out. I'm headed to Ozark, Alabama. I'm going to serve with Elder Brian in the Ozark South area. I'm also the district leader for Enterprise. Elder Perkins says that I'll be living with 3 other Elders. Ozark North lives with us and they are the Zone Leaders. Calling in will be easy. ;)
Second cool thing, Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the seventy is coming to our mission. We are going to meet him on Thursday, the day after transfers. We have a lot to prepare for, but I'm really excited to be there. I feel like I'm completely out of my shell and a full-pledged missionary.
I am a little sad to leave campus. Hillary is soooooo close, but just not there yet. However, she is really my only ray of sunshine. Lauren, a recent convert, just got engaged. It’s kind of hard to listen to the whole story when I'm a missionary and can't be there myself. I know my time will come, but still. ugh.
Anyways, Rich is taking us to this really good bbq place today. I'm so excited to go with him. As for the sweatshirts and long sleeves, just send me my Hawaii shirt. You will have to wait until I can get the address next week, but I will get myself a sweatshirt in the mean time. Thank grandma for me. I will put it to good use. ;)
I love you all and can't wait to tell you about my new area next week.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment