Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, October 12, 2009

Congrats to Megan!!

Hey Ya'll,
Sounds like your week was amazing. Besides the little bump at the end. It’s so cool to hear Megan go so far in Tennis. Now she has all year to be better!! Maryanne McFarland isn't someone I know, but I know her older sister. Lauren McFarland plays tennis for FSU. She used to be in the singles ward until she got married. Now it’s Lauren McCreeless. Her and her husband, Ashby, gave Elder Perkins and me a ride home the other day. We got talking on the subject of tennis and she told me her little sister is playing for Weber. I told her my little sister is playing for Lone Peak. She got so excited and texted me the results on Sunday. ;) I knew about Megan making it all the way to the Finals.
So this week was rough. We didn't accomplish our goals at all. We tried to meet with Hilary and Heath twice this week, but we could only meet with them once each. We have been trying to increase our teaching pool, but it hasn't been very successful. We finally got a media referral, where we take them a DVD that they ordered. We have tried to meet this lady 3 times but every time she is not there. It’s really out of the way and with bikes it makes it hard. TCC is good, but it feels like we're just roaming around rather than being there to teach. That may be because we didn't teach a lot this week.
Instead we did some service at a members home. We went back out to the ranch to help Lexa's dad move Rollerbales from the field into his barn. It was an easy start, because the bales were fresh and easy to roll. We moved the first one in no sweat. We went back out to the field to begin moving the second one. After about the third push is when everything started going downhill. Apparently we ran over a mound of fire ants without realizing it. We continued pushing and my hand went right to where they all were. They slowly crawled on my hand without me noticing. Then, all at once they attacked!! Oh! It hurt so bad. I counted 32 bites on my right hand!!! That’s the only place I got bit, but from about 2 inches below my wrist to the tips of each finger there were 32 bites. My hand was swollen for 3 days. The swelling has gone down and you can see my hand once again. However, there are these nasty little bumps everywhere that itch like crazy. I'm not supposed to itch them, so I stick them in hot water and swish it around really fast. It feels so much better. Sis Higby, the mission nurse, says to add a tablespoon of salt to the water when I do it. This week should be better. We are going to visit some less actives and Rachel. She moved and no longer lives way out in the middle of nowhere. I love you all and I'm praying for you too. Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment