Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, October 12, 2009

Conference - October 2009

Sounds like your week was a lot more interesting than mine, but we'll see. That’s awesome that Megan is still kickin' it in Tennis. Sounds like she is having fun. I will definitely want to see her play when she is a Junior. As for Shannon, I will be back right in time for her to end Jr. High and maybe even dance for the High School.
Conference was amazing. I too enjoyed Elder Holland's talk along with Elder Oaks' and Elder Bednar's. 'He's breathing my air!' Haha, my favorite. Sunday was really special for Elder Perkins and me. On Friday morning we got a call from President. He had been talking with the sisters in our ward about dresses for Hilary. She has been coming to church with pants and a BIG sweatshirt. The other day she asked us about what to wear during church and that she would like to participate. The sisters jumped all over it and called sister Summerhays. Apparently she had some left over dresses and skirts from sisters who had left them in the mission. Not all of them were nice, but some of them were. President wanted to create a setting where Sister Summerhays could offer the dresses to Hilary so she wouldn't feel awkward. His suggestion was to have the sisters, a few members in the ward and us over to her house for a Sunday brunch and to watch conference.
We were picked up by president Sunday morning at 10 to go get ready. (conference didn't start until noon. The priesthood session went until ten!!) We set up the TV and the sisters prepared the lunch. Hilary, Carly and Krissey came over around 11 and we had a nice little meal. After President talked to us about conference and read the last couple of verses from Doctrine and Covenants section 1. We watched the Sunday morning session on couches in the mission home. It felt just like home, except I wasn't allowed to fall asleep. After we talked about what we all felt and the inspirations we had during the session. We ate lunch and got ready for the second session. After we talked a little bit more and then President excused us all and it was time to go home.
It was so cool to be in a Home setting for conference. Not only did a get a lot out of it, being in Presidents presence made it even better. When I'm around him it’s like the Heavens open and personal revelation flows in. I can feel the spirit on my own, but its different with President. It’s like Horse tail falls is the amount of revelation flowing in by myself and the Mississippi river is the amount of water flowing into me when I'm around President. Its sometimes overwhelming. I do get drained sometimes. Kind of like how Joseph Smith was drained every time he saw a Heavenly messenger. President is a Heavenly messenger and I can feel the spirit that comes from being around him.
This week should be a good one. We are still working with Heath and helping him prepare for Oct 24. Hilary is getting oh so close. She has a desire to be baptized and is going to talk with her father soon. We haven't set any date yet, but she is doing great. I don't remember who my lego guys are back home. But I choose Tracy McGrady. He was good back when the legos came out. ;)I love you all and pray for you. I hope your conference was as amazing as mine. Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment