Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, November 16, 2009

James is baptized

Hey Everyone,
I'm really really tired today. Its been a long weekend, but a very fulfilling weekend. We have so many people were teaching here is Ozark it's great, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. We are trying to help everyone, but they have a lot of needs. We helped get James prepared for baptism and we set up everything for his baptism this weekend. Bro Carroll baptized James and Elder Brian confirmed him and gave him the Holy Ghost on Sunday. Legina, Lenora and Christina are all moving along, but they understand at a really low level so we have to explain everything they are reading to them. Also, Lenora lost electricity in her house for the week, so they were all over at Legina's home. Cassie got glass in her eye, long story, and her daughter broke her arm. Two trips to the hospital in one week for Cassie. The Metcalf kids a chuggin' along, but the parents are leading. They need a testimony of their own. Savannah stopped talking to us so we had to go search for her. we finally found her and set up a time to meet with her. We got a new referral from the Fritz family. Chris Frank. He is a good guy who is looking for a new church and the Fritz invited him over for an FHE dinner. Pulled-pork. MMMMMMM. I finally met Kim Vance and now I know who she is.
As you can see we have a lot of investigators who all have different needs.Elder Brian and I are trying to help them all out individually. However its really hard. I don't know all of them well and Elder Brian doesn't know what to do. He's a great missionary. He knows what he needs to do and has goals of what he wants to accomplish, but he has no idea how he's going to accomplish them. I find him 'wishing' a lot. Our weekly planning sessions take forever. We have so many investigators to go over, less actives to visit, members to work with and new investigators to find. We know what needs to happen we just don't know how we're going to do it. I'm no help because I only know half the members and only a handful of investigators. I've met Savannah and Kim once, Cassie twice. I don't know them and its really hard to find their needs when I don't know them. So its left to Elder Brian. He's still young and he'll figure it out, but it does take us a while. I'm hoping we can meet Cassie, Savannah and Kim this week.
Sunday I felt like a parent. Or at least part of parenthood. We had 10 non-members come to church on Sunday. 7 investigators and James' family, wife and boys. We tried to meet with and speak with all of them. We tried to help them with anything we could and answer their questions. It was a long three hours. I felt like a parent with 10 kids. Some of them were running around, others wouldn't leave your side and all of them asking questions at the same time. It was fun, but exhausting.
This week should be a good week. We have some new plans to help our investigators move forward and also our members.
OH! I got to do my first baptismal interview's this week. The Enterprise Elders had a couple who were getting baptized that weekend, so I spent the day in Enterprise with Elder Christensen. He's a good Elder. He took me to a Tattoo Parlor. ;) CTR for life! or something like that.
I love y'all and pray for y'all.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment