Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving report

Hello Ya'll,
Well I hit 6 months on Thursday. Tim hits a year two weeks-ish after that. Crazy!!
Thanksgiving was ok. We had some good turkey, we went to members homes and enjoyed it with them, and I was sick. Yet again. Monday is when I started feeling it and Tuesday is when it hit. I wasn't feeling good during our morning workout and he told me to go lay down. I slept through personal study, companionship study and lunch. It was bad. The next four days were like that. We would go out and I would get too tired to do anything. We would do our studies in the morning and I would then go to sleep to try and get some energy for that night.
It was bad. Thanksgiving wasn't much better. We went to Enterprise AL for District Meeting and being District Leader I had to prepare the meeting. It was a good lesson, thanks to the comments of the other Elders. We then played a game for the last little bit of the meeting. It was good, but I was exhausted and in and out of consciousness. Good thing I didn't have to drive. We got home and I slept for a couple hours before it was time to go.
We drove to Newton for our thanksgiving Lunch. We got there and the members were just getting done with dessert. We weren't late, they just started early. They had combined the families who were there last minute, so we got the leftover scraps for our dinner, which were still really good.
Then Brother Meservy, the family who was going to feed us, showed us his recumbent bicycles. They were cool. I got some pictures of them. We were cruising around, only about two laps because I was tired, and my pant legs got caught on the frame and ripped the seam (SP?). It is a big rip, but I have three different members telling me that they can fix it for me. haha. After we put the bikes away the Meservy's took us to their home, a small shack they're renting, and showed us the meal they made for us. A full turkey, that hadn't been touched. They gave us half of it and some sweet potato pie to go with it. Because I've been sick I haven't been able to eat any of it yet. Elder Thompson, or Zone Lord Thompson, keeps eating my share of the turkey. I'll I've been able to eat for most of this week is macaroni. But I'm feeling a lot better now and I'm excited to get some of that turkey.
This transfer is going by so fast! We have a week and a half left! Elder Brian and I are getting along. We are working well together, when we are working and I'm not sick, and the work is moving nicely. We have a couple of baptism's coming up on the 12th and we are excited for them. It’s the Metcalf kids; Skylar (12) and Matthew (10). Their father is going to baptize them, but he needs to keep coming to church and meet with the Bishop if he's going to be able to. We'll see how that goes.
The only other thing left to say is that my mission is flying by and I love it. Not because its going fast, but because of everything I'm learning. Captain Moroni is the Man!! So is Joseph Smith. So many examples to look up too. I love reading about them.
I love you all and pray for you too. If there is one thing each of us could do more is read the Book of Mormon. For, "they teach all men that they should do good"(2 Ne 33:10)
Love Elder Call

PS I hope there is medicine in my package. I'm a little low. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment