Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, April 5, 2010

General Conference!!

Hello Everyone,

General Conference was great. I love being a missionary and listening to conference. It produces such a different feeling than when when I'm at home. My focus is not on myself, but on others. It seems like I get the most out of conference when I'm focused on others. There were two main topics in general conference, Atonement and Family. So many times did I here about the home and family. How parents should raise their children, how children should follow their parents. How each day there should be chances and opportunities to teach and testify. I'm glad that I get to learn this now, and grateful that I was a part of it growing up. I loved learning. Especially when it was dad or mom teaching. It was very hard to understand sometimes, due to arrogance and impatient tendencies. However, the longer I'm out here the more I remember what dad and mom taught me. It's Great!! I then try to teach it to the people I love here. So many homes are broken here. We met a lady the other day who asked us to pray for her daughter. She just went through a divorce and we expressed our sorrow for her. She simply said, "everyone goes through it." Its sad to think that divorce is part of everyone's every day life. Its just how they were raised. In broken homes, due to the actions of someone else.
Its a good thing that I still have a while before I have to worry about that. It seems like a daunting task to get married. One that is, by the worlds standards, never going to last. So many things are getting thrown at the family. I felt this way last conference and feel it again this conference. There is so much against getting married and starting a family. Its sad to see people who "wait" for the perfect man or woman. There is always the "right one", but never will we ever find the perfect one. Our Mission President taught this at our Zone Leader Council. Those who wait for perfection usually miss out on it until they are forty or fifty. By then it is too late to begin a family. Its crazy how much you learn about raising a family on a mission. Ridiculously crazy!!!
I'm again glad to be learning this now. Learning how to teach, testify and love. Three things that will help me forever.
I love you all and pray that Conference will be your source of study for the next 6 months. I promise to make it mine.
Love Elder Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment