Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Transfer week....

Hey Y'all,

Another week has flown by. Each seems to be coming faster than the last. Transfers was this week. As a Zone Leader, Elder Tew and I had to get everyone to the Transfer Spots. Especially those who didn't have a ride. Campus never has a ride. So we went early Wednesday morning to pick up Sis Fink. She was being transferred to Destin. Sad day, right? Sis Hernandez got her new companion (I forgot her name) and we drove them back to their house. However, we had a few tag alongs with us. Elder Kanaras didn't have his companion yet, so he stayed with us. Crawfordville Elders also stayed with us too.
We had three extra missionaries. Good thing service is on Wednesday. We took them with us to the Ronald McDonald house. It was a lot of fun having so many missionaries together. We then went to the capital too. My camera is broken (got dropped and the lens won't close. Everything else works, just can't take pictures. I need to get it fixed) so I couldn't take any pictures of the capital, but I'll steal some from Elder Jenkins so you can see it. After that it was back up to Transfer spots to get all of the missionaries being transferred. We also got to see all of the missionaries who were about to go home. I still have 14 months.
We tracted into a less active girl the other day. She is almost 21, goes to TCC and is a member. We went back over to visit with her and teach her. She had some really good questions. We also talked about her past. Most of her family are members. Her parents are members, but two of her older brothers aren't active. They didn't serve missions. We talked about the fears she had, why she stopped going to church and all the good things. We then shared with her our purpose and how to read the Book of Mormon marking the promised blessings. I hope she takes the challenge. Marking the promised blessings changes the way I study the Book of Mormon. I am now looking for what I'm supposed to be doing to be a better Missionary, Priesthood Holder and Father. Its great and I learn a lot.
I am really going to have to learn how to smoke food. Especially chicken. We just got done going to Sonny's and they smoke everything. Its amazing. We also see smokers on the side of the road all the time. It's not that hard to do, I just want to perfect it. Then we can have a real B-B-Que when I get home. Yum!
Love you all. I can't wait for Conference Ensign's to come out.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment