Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, April 12, 2010

More Fire Ants!

Hey Everyone,

Its been a great week. Elder Tew and I have been working really well together. We each have our own abilities, but we are figuring out how to make them work together. Elder Tew is really passive and loving, I'm more bold. nuff said. Its been great teaching and I think our investigators like it too.
So this week I found out that I'm allergic to Fire Ants. Those nasty things got me again this week. Early in the week we found a less active girl while tracting. We talked with her for a while and she told us her story. Her parents are members in DC and her sister just got home from serving in California. We asked if we could come back and she told us that she needed help in her Garden. Elder Tew and I came back on Saturday to meet with her and help her in her Garden. Her friends were there and one of them knew Dallas Strickland. A member here in the Singles Ward. We had a nice talk while working with them. We also discovered an ant hill on one side of the Garden. We mostly avoided it. We planted sunflower seeds, tomatoes, peas, lettuce, peppers and some various herbs. It was a lot of fun planting and learning.
I was planting some peppers when I felt a most unpleasent sensation. I was getting bit on my hand, again. One of the ants was going crazy. He had bit me, but trying so hard he was completely vertical trying to rip off my flesh. It was nuts. I only have about four bites. They started to swell a little bit while we were there. Kind of like a misquito bite. Well, that night it was a little bigger than a misquito bite. My whole wrist was swollen. It kept getting worse and right now my whole four arm is swollen. It looks really bad, but its not. The swelling will go down by tomorrow. It is just making my shoulder really tired. All that swelling is weighing it down. Kind of funny.
Zone Conference was this week. We were studying about the Atonement for this Zone Conference. Man I love listening to President teach. He is so submissive to the spirit and very bold about promising blessings to missionaries. (Do you still remember mine?) He gave two individual blessings to two missionaries this time. One who is brand new and one who goes home this week. It was awesome to hear them. I can't wait to see what is going to happen to those two missionaries.
We then spent the last bit of Zone Conference reading and listening to Hymns. Did you know that How Firm a Foundation is written in First Person. Its God speaking to us. I never knew that before and it changed the meaning of the song for me. We also learned a lot about Mac Wilberg. He's a genious.
Transfers are this week, but I'm not going anywhere. My old area, Ozark, is getting some big changes thought. It will be interesting to see how that works out.
I love all of you very much. Its getting very hot down here. Summer isn't here yet, but you'd think it was.
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment