Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Time Tallahassee - faith lesson

This has been a great week. This week was Tallahassee's big day. It’s kind of like their version of Alpine days. They call it "Spring Time Tallahassee". They have a bunch of activities and a Parade. We found out about it on Friday from a less active family. The next day we ran a 5k and walked in the Parade. It was very quick how it all happened. One moment we were finding out about all of this, the next we were waking up to go run a 5k.
I died on it. It was way too much for me; asthma, allergies and a layer of green pollen all over the place. At about mile 2 I started to walk and walked the rest of the way. It wasn't too bad, but I was a little disappointed in myself. At the end of the race they were giving away free stuff, so we jumped on board and got some water, fruit and yogurt. They were also giving away free beer. Don't worry I didn't have any, but that not the first thing on my mind after a run.
We also met the less active girl who had invited us. She reminds me a lot of Jenny. They are very, very alike. Just imagine Jenny at 23, not active and not on a mission. Kind of weird to think about Jenny being less active, but that’s what this girl is. Anyways, she said hi to us and invited us to go walk in the parade with her company. So we walked toward where her company float was located and found out that it was just a car, and we would be walking next to it throwing candy. We did it anyways, it was so much fun. There were also a lot of other cool floats and a lot of alcohol. It was a big party. There were three different High School bands and a Boys and Girls club Drumline. They were sweet. They would bang on their drums while the girls would walk around singing at the top of their lungs. "Ice Cold Kool-Aid, Fried Chicken, and Grits!!" I got some of it on my camera, it was so cool. I love the south.
We're teaching Kevin and trying to get him closer to baptism. This week we taught about Faith. We had them climb on the couch, turn around, shut their eyes and fall backwards. A leap of faith. They loved it and it made it easy to teach about faith. We talked to his mom about setting a date and she wants all of her family to be there. So we're on hold until that happens. Kevin is awesome. He came and sat by us during church.
Our week has been great. Tomorrow is ZLC. That means another long drive to Crestview. Our mission President doesn't have that much time left. Only April, May and June, then he's gone and we get a new Mission President. I was thinking about this earlier. Our mission President leaves, then my companion Elder Tew leaves a week later. I'm going to be by myself when that all happens. I hope I can get a good companion.
Anyways. I hope spring time is coming soon for you, it came three weeks ago for us. Love you all and pray for you.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment