Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, July 27, 2009

Tallahassee Community College - Week 4

Hey Y'all,
This week was awesome, but at the same time not awesome. I'm not sure what we should start with, but i'm thinking I'll save the best for last. This week was horrible in respect to our own efforts. We found one investigator the entire week. We spent a lot of time talking with members, hanging out at FSU's and trying to find people to teach on campus. We didn't go tracting once from Monday until Saturday. Not once. I know tracting isn't the most effective way or the most pleasent, but it shows your commitment to the Lord and to the members of the Ward. They see us riding our bikes, knocking on doors and they feel like they can find someone too. There old missionary self is sparked and they feel an urge to share the gospel too. Thats why we go out each day. To show EVERYONE that we're dedicated. I'm still a 'young' missionary, so I'm waiting until next transfer to make my move. Right now I'm just following my companion around trying to be as productive as possible, even when he's not.
Ok, bad news is out. Time for the good stuff!! Rachel is getting baptized this week!! or so we hope. We're not sure if she has quit smoking yet, but she told us she had. Remember those blessings I promised her? Yeah, we'll never know if I have the 'gift' to give promises yet. She didn't even try to keep them last week. It was finals for TCC and she was stressed out of her mind. She didn't read the Book of Mormon, she continued to smoke through her finals and she even had to walk out of a class to take a smoke. Ugh. If only people would recognize that putting the important stuff first makes the less important stuff so much easier. Even if she just read a little bit each day she would have known that. Oh well. Agency, agency, agency. Its everyone's gift.
Hillary is doing great too. She is learning fast and even teaching Rachel basic truths. Not necessarily from the Book of Mormon, but she understands that humans make mistakes. She went with us to a baptism this saturday and we're going to show her how to truely pray. How to get down on your knees and say a true, convincing prayer from the heart. I'm excited.
Zone conference was on Tuesday. That is probably the highlight of my mission so far. President Summerhays is awesome. We had a short one on one meeting where we talked about missionary stuff and he also discussed my companion. He said he gave him some words of advice and told me to continue to work hard. He said some more stuff before I left. We then had a two hour meeting, followed by a great lunch and ended with another two hours of meetings. It seems like a lot, but it was so amazing to hear President speak and to hear all the other missionaries speak as well. I felt right at home. With all the other Elders and Sisters sharing their struggles and success. It was quite a feeling.
Well I'm glad your adventure landed you safely in Cali. I'm glad Grandma Clement is doing better, I'm glad Grandpa Call is doing better, I'm glad Susan is doing alright, I'm glad Nate found an awesome job, I'm glad Jen is chillin in St. George, I'm glad Tanner and Weston miss me so much (I miss you guys too :D), and I'm glad that its not humid today. haha.I love you all and hope you are having fun, being safe and sharing your testimony with everyone who is willing to listen.Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment