Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tallahassee Community College-2nd Week

Hey y'all,
I've decided that I'm going to start talking as much 'south' as I can. I haven't picked up on 'fixin' yet, that is my next goal. I'm really sorry Grandma, Sara, Aryn, and Quinn got in a car crash. I hope they are all doing alright. I'm glad y'all had a good 4th of July and that sounds like something Brennan would totally do.
My bike is here with me in Tallahassee and it's great. My legs have never burned so much. The Church is 3 miles away, uphill both ways, and we ride there at least once a day, if not 2 or 3. My legs are going to be ripped. ;)
I don't know about pictures yet. Should I send the card home once every two weeks and you can send me a new one out here? I don't know where a walgreens is, but I can ask other missionaries how they get their's home this week.
I got Shannon's e-mail and I was very happy to get it. It sounds like dance is getting harder but more rewarding at the same time. I miss Boondocks too. The slick track is my favorite. How did y'all like Spencer? He's a crazy boy if you ask me.
This week had it's ups and downs. My companion got hit by a car. To be exact, a taxi. I went across the intersection and was half way when I heard a 'thump' and a big, long scrape. I turned and lo and behold my companion was in the middle of the intersection on his side. The taxi
t-boned him and sent him flying across the road. We would've kept riding like it was no big deal, but a lady behind us called 911 and wouldn't let Elder Krieser or me leave. My companion is alright now, he has really high blood pressure, but the mission health person has an eye on him like a hawk.
This week we are still teaching Rachel and Emily. Rachel has a baptisimal date for July 25 and Emily is an investigator who we're trying to get a baptisimal date with. We'll start with Rachel first.
She is doing great! Tuesday was a little step backwards, she wasn't sure if this was right and she didn't want to make it become a mistake. Her faith was shot, right out the window. We tried to comfort her, but it was really hard for her to see the light. On Thursday we met with her again. This time was so much better. We had Tyler, a member, come with us an he helped us out a lot. Rachel also brought a friend, Hillary. So, with two extra's for this lesson I thought it would make it harder, but it was so good. Tyler is AMAZING at teaching and made everything so simple and easy to understand. Rachel now feels the spirit and is doing great. She is getting really excited for her baptism. Hillary, Rachel's friend, is now one of our new g'ators! Talk about a great lesson!
Emily isn't doing as good as Rachel. She still keeps her commitments and continues to read from the Book of Mormon, but she is really shy about sharing it with us. She hides behind her book every time we ask her a question and doesn't answer a lot of them. She doesn't trust us yet. We're going to turn her over to the Sister's an hopefully they'll be able to help her share her feelings. I know Emily knows it's true, she just needs someone she trusts to share it with.
Tuesday was probably the craziest day ever. We were tracting in some apartments because one of our appointments fell through. It looked really dark outside so we decided it would be best if we rode home. Once we got on the main road we look down the road and you could literally see a wall of water coming at you. It would've been really cool, but that was the way home. We rode as hard as we could, with rain drops the size of gum balls hitting us. We turned the corner and you could see the light to where our apartment was, when my tire went flat....sniff. I had to walk my bike home in the pouring rain. The Lord still blessed us though. It didn't start thundering until after we made it home. Watching rain is cool, riding through rain sucks.
I think that's all for this week. Maybe I'll find more g'ators by next time. I love y'all and hope y'all will keep sending me stuff. ;)
P.S. if you could send me an i-pod or an mp3 player that would be great! If you could put 'Kolob', 'I Believe in Christ', 'Spirit of God', 'Praise to the Man' and five or six of each of your favorite songs too. Oh, and guess what? Old Disney songs are allowed so they count too!!
Do I need a message for the Boys? Or is that a monthly thing?
Love, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment