Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Hey Everyone,
Happy Birthday Dad!!
If the girls are calling me old, you must be ancient. ;) I'll be home for your next birthday. We'll have to throw down a big party. I'll be grillin'.
That's too bad that it is still snowing in June. Its blistering hot in Florida. We've hit 90 degrees everyday this week. And we have been as high as 98. It doesn't sound too bad, but if you add the humidity and 15 for direct sunlight. We were tracting in what felt like 120 degree weather. Very different from you guys. In fact, I feel sticky just sitting here typing to you guys.
This week was crazy. Our van has had some break issues, the 1st Ward Sisters totaled their car and the TCC Elders need a lot of rides because they're both on crutches. There was a lot to do.
Tuesday was our busiest day. We had District Meeting, then we went to go get some things out of the sisters car. We drove over to the Junk Yard where it had been towed and went through the car looking for a few personal and mission related items (like the gas card). Their poor little car rear ended a truck going 35 miles per hour. The car didn't make it. Stuff was every where in the car, including what looked like their lunch. It was bad. We got the few items we needed and took off to go fix our van. We went to the Dodge Dealership to see if they could fix it. They could, but they included all these ridiculous things we didn't need and they were going to charge us about $800!! We told Sis Harber, who is in charge of the cars, and she freaked out. With good reason too. She made a few phone calls and told us to go back to get the van and bring it up to a shop near the mission office. They could fix it too, and it only cost $200 dollars. Note to self, never go to a dealership. They're blood sucking.
Well we got our van back, but while it was in the shop we had to go to a members house for dinner. So we pulled out the bikes. Its been a while since I've ridden, but it felt good to feel the air on my face again. The problem was when we got to the members house. As soon as we stopped biking the breeze quit as well. So we started to sweat, a lot. It was terrible. My body just kept pumping it out trying to cool me down, but because of the humidity, sweat doesn't work, so my body pumps even more to compensate. It was awful. I feel so bad for the campus missionaries. How did I survive last summer? I have no idea.
Tomorrow is President Summerhays' last Zone Conference. I've been preparing for two weeks. He has given us some things to study, ponder and prepare. That's all I have been doing these last two weeks. He has us preparing by having us read some quotes by Elder Bednar during a Leadership conference with a lot of the Churches Managers. I've been listening it on my I-pod every chance I get. In the van, at home, during lunch, whenever. It's so great to have technology that can let me learn so much. Thank you mom for sending the i-pod. I've put some new media on it, so now the i-pod is pretty tricked out. With Gospel stuff of course. I'm really excited for this week. Its going to be a great one.
Love you all. Happy Birthday Dad!!!
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment