Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello Y'all,

I loved talking to you guys. Probably just as much as you did with me, I hope. The Christmas call was a little weird. Not knowing what to say or what was going to happen. This time was a lot more productive. I loved the feeling I felt after I talked to you guys. I didn't feel homesick at all. I just felt like I took a pit stop in the family station and I'm back on the road. Perfect.
So there is not much to add onto what we talked about last night. However, there are always stories to share.
Last Tuesday I went down to Crawfordville with Elder Waters. We had a great time working. It was also really hot. Anyway, we had a lesson with a girl named Heather. The Hollet family invited us to their house and Heather was there too. Lesson Time! We shared with the Ether 12. Just a few scriptures on faith, then left the rest to them and the spirit. Allowing everyone a chance to speak after each verse. Testifying and teaching after each comment. Learning all at the same time. It was great. At the end I bore my testimony. Nothing crazy. Just, "I know that these things are true, because they make me happy. I read because it makes me happy. I go to church because it makes me happy. I follow the commandments because it makes me happy. I know these things are true because they make me happy." Nothing much, right? If you were to bare your testimony right now, what would you say to answer the question, "How do I know?"
I didn't think about it too hard. I just said what I felt. Heather felt it too. She had been investigating for some time. She has read most of the Book of Mormon and has been to church very frequently. However, during the entire time she has been learning about the gospel, she has never heard a missionary say 'why he knew that it was true'. Sad huh? We know that the Book of Mormon is true. We know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet. But why do we keep following? Why do we work when we already know the results. Church doesn't change. The Book of Mormon doesn't change. God doesn't change, he continues to reveal his word, but he doesn't change. If we already know the out come of all of these, why do we keep going? There can and should be a lot of answers. Mine is because it makes me happy. Not as the world views or gives happiness, but as He gives it. I love this gospel and follow the counsel of Prophets from ancient times as well as these times, because it makes me happy.
I love you all, Happy mothers day mom. I love you.
Elder Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment