Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, May 17, 2010

from Tallahassee

Hello Everyone,

I have really know idea about what happened this week. It seems that everything is becoming a blur. The days are all one. I wake up, exercise (P90X), get ready(shave, shower,get dressed), eat breakfast (something easy like eggs and black beans), Personal Study (always filled with the Book of Mormon), Companionship study (not as good as personal, but sets a nice tone for the conversations the rest of the day), and then it's out the door. Everyday is the same, with a few exceptions, and it all seems like one big day. The weeks seem like they go faster than the days go. I don't know how to explain it, but that's what it's like. Monday - Sunday is one big day, then the weeks over. Its really weird.
This week we had zone conference. It was fantastic. We always begin on course, doing the things we have planned and prepared, then we take a detour and find ourselves exactly where we want to be. Its really a profound doctrine. We let go of our pride and let the spirit take over. Everyone is invited to share what they have prepared and what they are thinking and feeling. The spirit is present as we prepare to do the things we learn. And all the tangents we go on are led by the spirit. It was a spirit packed meeting that left us in awe, wanting to work harder than before. Thats usually what zone conferences do.
In my interview with President Summerhays, he told me that I was right on track. Just doing good things. Sounds like a good compliment, but to me it just feels like another part of the 'blurr effect'. Nothing to focus on, just keep doing the little things. Wake up, exercise, etc. All the days are becoming one. My hope is that when it's all said and done, I can look back and see the progress. Kind of like looking at the canvas from far away after its completed.
I'm really glad to hear that Megan is doing good. It's going to be sad when I come home and still can't beat her in tennis. Someday though, I'll win. I talk with Lauren McCreless a lot (her husband is the Ward Mission Leader). FSU tennis is now in the sweet 16 and Lauren is the most winningest player in Florida State History!!! In both singles and doubles. It's her senior year and she is going out with a bang! I'll have to send you something cool. Lauren will coach for the Lincoln High school tennis team next year.
Anyway, being on the mission is awesome. It seems like I've been here forever. 4 of the boys will hit their year marks in the next couple of weeks. Including me!!!
I love you all.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment