Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Power of the Book of Mormon

Hello Ya'll
Another week gone by. It seems like everything I do is repetitious. Wake up, work out, study, share, eat, share, teach, eat, journal, bed. The next day the same, just in a slight different order. However, I have come to love each day. Simply because the spirit brings a new life and a new perspective with it. That is why studying from the Book of Mormon is so important. No other Book in the world can bring a spirit like the Book of Mormon can. For some reason a book written thousands of years ago; by people who don't know what a car or even a bicycle is; who used clubs, swords and arrows to fight and protect themselves; who lived in a time of Kings and Judges; can persuade someone like me to believe in it and to know that it was written by God. I can't explain how this book works. I can't tell you how it is going to answer your prayers. I can't help you understand the message. I can't express the feelings or the spirit that is present each time I read. But I know that all of these are true and that the Book of Mormon is the one and only source.
Reading over this letter I have realized that some of my thoughts and sentences don't make sense, but I would tell you to read and pray about them. Read the Book of Mormon and Prove Me Wrong! I dare you!! Prove to me that it didn't answer your prayers in the time of need. Prove to me that your day was the worst day ever when you read that morning. Prove to me that you can't feel the love that God has for you when you read just one verse of the most magnificent book on the face of this earth. I love this book, and because of my love I know that this church is the True church, that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and that My savior Jesus Christ lives and is the great High Priest of our church. I am here in Alabama to share this with anyone and everyone. Its hard. So hard that Elder Brian and I named an area "The Baptist Pit of Despair!!" No one wanted to hear our message. They would come to the door and say, "no thank you", before we even said, "hi". It was terrible, but we must continue on. I love this gospel and I love caring his name. I hope the rest of you do too. You don't need a badge to be a disciple.
I love you all,
Love Elder Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment