Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, January 25, 2010

Long Week!!

Hello Ya'll
I believe I told you I was staying another transfer. Elder Brian got sent to FSU campus serving with Elder Perkins, and get this, Elder Butikofer(SP?). He's from Idaho Falls. I think we're related. I don't know any names, but I know mom and her side of the family has mentioned their name a lot. Anyway, he got shipped off to campus and I'm sure he'll love it there.
I am training this transfer. Elder Kanis is my new companion. He has been out 5 days so far. He is from Kaysville Ut, went to Davis High, and plays Rugby. He's Huge!!! I'm small compared to him. Anyway, he's a great companion and a good teacher. We have already had multiple lessons and he has done wonderfully. A little confidence and trust is all he needs and he'll be a great missionary. Alright, so here's my description of a long week. Monday and Tuesday visiting families Elder Brian wanted to say goodbye too. Wednesday, transfers at transfer spot (and hour away), got my new companion. Thursday, drove to Andalusia with Bro Barrington to do baptismal interviews. Friday, drove to Enterprise to do another baptismal interview. Rained all day Saturday and all night Sunday. Its been a really long week. I think I've driven over a thousand miles this week. Then the two days we didn't have to drive, it rained. Oh well, joy in the journey, eh?
This week is going to be great. We have multiple lessons set up with our investigators, less actives and members. We even have a pine-wood derby this Wednesday. James Cook, our recent convert, thinks he's going to win it all. We got a pre-cut car from our Elders Quorum Pres. Its a skateboard...
I love you all a pray the weather isn't too bad.
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment