Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow?? I love you because.......

Hey Y’all,
Well this week was a crazy one. It snowed 3 inches on Friday. It hasn’t snowed like that since 1973, according to the locals. We had our Zone Conference that day and had a big snowball fight beforehand. It was a lot of fun to be in snow again. I have never seen so many snowmen in my life. Almost every home had a snowman outside, but they all melted the next day. It’s been so cold down here this winter and without any snow I’ve hated it. Cold without snow is no good. Hopefully it will warm up in the next couple of months.
Zone Conference was great, short due to the snow, but great nonetheless. The Andalusia Elders got snowed out of their area, so they stayed the night with the Enterprise Elders. We got home and went right out to work. We had a couple of snowball fights in between. My socks were soaking wet and cold when we got in that night.
My birthday. I think I’ve figured out a way so that I can feel the spirit and get a birthday present. It’s an activity that everyone can do, no matter what their age is, and it can be a great family home evening for anyone who would like to. It’s called “I love you because…” I would like everyone to write an “I love you because” statement for everyone who is in their family. I will show you what I mean;
I love Dad because, he is patient and diligent in everything he does. Work, family, Callings, etc. I love you Dad.
I love Mom because, even though I am miles and miles away, and even in a different land, she still tries to take care of all my needs. I love you Mom.
I love Kristen because, she will now be the one to lead the way. I will get to follow her footsteps and I am amazed at her steps of faith. I love Kristen.
I love Megan because, she has learned to be happy in any situation. She can trust God will lead her to where she needs to be. I love Megan.
I love Shannon because, she is the youngest. She looks up to her siblings and watches their examples, THEN tries to do it on her own, with cousins, friends,neighbors, etc. being their example. I love Shannon.
If everyone would do that for their own family, it would make me very happy. It would bring a spirit of love and charity. It would help me and encourage me to love those I’m here to serve. Nothing worldly can bring me the spirit, but your examples can. That’s what I want for my birthday; “I love you because”.
I love y’all and I’m praying for you too.
Love Elder Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment