Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas

Hey everyone,
What to write about, what to write about? I'm not really sure. This week just seemed like a normal week. We worked hard, found new people to teach, kept working with the investigators we have, and I did a baptismal interview for the Zone Leaders investigator. All in all there was nothing out of the ordinary to really get excited about.
OH! So it’s not really that exciting, but it is news. I just finished the Pearl of Great Price. Not to brag or anything, but I've finished both the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. They are such good books. I'm glad that I read them, and really glad that I didn't read them before now. There is no way I would have been able to understand all of it. There is so much in just the books of Moses and Abraham alone it astounds me. The reason I don't brag about finishing it is because I'm about to start the Old Testament. Yeah, the beast is about to be slain. The only problem is that this is a really big beast. I don't want to take up all of my time, so I created a plan to slowly wear(SP?) him down. I am going to read a little bit each day, so I can still have an effective study on the gospel with the time left over. With this plan I have devised, it will take me till next Christmas to finish. Yeah, a full year until I can say, 'I have slain the Beast!'
We have been working with Legina, Junior and Lenora a lot lately. We're trying to help them get ready for Christmas, we're trying to help them get ready for baptism, and they're the only ones left in Ozark or Ft. Rucker for Christmas. The rest say they don't have time, or they are no longer here, but have gone home for Christmas. So all of our attention as been focused on them. The ward members are great and have been helping us out a lot to help them. One member family is getting rid of their couches and giving it to them. Others have purchased gifts and have helped us out when they come to church. There are some really good members here in Ozark and Ft Rucker.
I'm really excited for Christmas, but I'm more excited for all the service opportunities that have come up. We have taken a break on teaching (not really, it’s just not our focus) and have been looking for ways to help our investigators, members, less actives and anyone else we know. We spent all day making sugar cookies with a less active family. It was so much fun. They youngest boy was six and this was his first time making cookies. Sad, but he really loved it and wanted to help anyway possible. I have some good pictures of them.
Our Zone Conference was last week. It is crazy how fast it came up. This transfer and last transfer have been cruising by. We talked a lot about Eternal Life in zone conference. I won't go into detail, because it is very sacred, but just know this; One of the questions brought up was, 'Why do I want to work for it now, when I can obtain it in the next life?' and 'Does a body have anything to do with it?' Progression is eternal and never ending, but the reason we want to work for Eternal Life now, is so that we can have Eternal Life now. If you have a Preach My Gospel, look up 'Spirit' and you'll know what I'm talking about.
I love ya'll and am so glad I get to speak (indirectly) to ya'll every week.
Have a very Merry Christmas, and try to remember your favorite Christmas present and why it was your favorite.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment