Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, September 14, 2009

Transfer Week

Hey Ya'll,
This week is transfers. Elder Perkins and I are staying here on TCC campus. All of the other companionships in the District are changing though. Two sister missionaries are leaving and one is coming from another area. I don't know the new sister, but apparently her and Sister Goodsell don't get along. I'm just glad I'm not District Leader. :)
I got Shannon’s letter and Hilary already read it and is planning on writing back. I got Whiting's letter and wrote back. I figured Doctor counted. :) I also got the package. It was so heavy! When I went to dump everything out the Tuna smashed my finger.
Well this week was fun. We met with a few of our investigators like Heath, but we couldn't meet with anyone else. Alan got sick and couldn't even go to school last week. We weren't able to meet with him. Hilary is still really busy with school and dance. Heath went to Panama City this weekend for Student Government. We saw each of them a little bit, but we weren't able to meet anyone solid. Alan is still getting baptized on Saturday. We set up everything and are ready to go. He is getting baptized right before the FSU vs BYU game. It will be a jam packed spiritual day. :D Elder Perkins is performing the baptism and I am performing the conformation on Sunday. I'm really excited for Alan. He is this big Teddy bear who completely embraced the gospel. It’s not the big changes that makes it amazing, it’s the little changes that he is making and the ability he is getting to be able to recognize the Lord in his life. He is the happiest person I know right now and I love it.
Heath told us that he is very interested in the church, to the point where baptism is almost always on his mind. However, he realizes he needs to make changes in his life and is doing it. He has made so many changes already in the last two weeks and the only answer he has for us is peace. He feels like he has found peace by searching through the Gospel. It’s a great blessing for him, because he is so tied up in politics. He loves watching and is all over student government. He is very liberal and talks a lot about government failures, but through the Gospel he was able to find peace in his life. It’s amazing.
Hilary is still doing well. She loved Shannon’s letter and has found time to meet with us now. She is comfortable with her schedule and came to church on Sunday again. She loves the gospel, but is afraid to dive in. It’s like a little kid at the edge of the pool not knowing if she wants to jump in. But like every parent of that kid they know that once in they will love it and never want to leave. Once Hilary jumps in she will love it and the blessings that come from it.
Football games on campus are really hard. We have no one to teach or to talk to. We can't go around interrupting tailgate parties or parties elsewhere. So we try to have our p-day on Saturdays and get as much done as possible. We then went over to Rich's house. He is a member here in Tallahassee. We were there for only an hour when it started to rain, hard. We got stuck there for a couple of hours. Too bad for us, the BYU game was on. ;)
I love you all and I'm always happy to get letters. I got grandma's too. Sounds like Megan is still loving Tennis. Shannon is still working hard in Dance. Kristen is still in school. ;)
I pray this week will be as good as last week.
Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment