Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Signs of Spring

Hey Mom and everyone else. ;)

I'm really glad that Clark is doing so well. Just reading about your one week experience at the U has brought back so many wonderful memories. I loved being there and being apart of something so cool. Bishop Clements is amazing and the young single adults in that ward are off the charts. There were so many others who worked just as hard, if not harder than I did to bring others back to the safety of the Gospel. Me and Clark just clicked, and that's sometimes all it takes.

As for BYU. There is a member here in Florida who reminds me a lot of Grandpa Call. Brother Conger only has one kid, but he is at BYU and Brother Conger himself is from BYU. He continues to watch sports and follow the team, although not as avidly as Grandpa. He let us know the score of the game and many members who are also BYU alumi have been telling us about Jimmer and how he is off the charts. I have also been getting reports about how bad Utah is right now. haha. funny.

This last week has been hard. We have had many appointments fall through and it seems with Seth and Matt Chabot we have hit a brick wall. Matt says were forcing him and Seth wants a tattoo. Ugh. However we have big plans for them this week. We are taking Brother O'Maley with us on Tuesday and Brother Bronson on Thursday. Both are Air Force, the one being a F-35 Pilot and the other a doctor. Both are apart of the young mens and have been huge influences on the Chabot family. We are going to try and get them a couple of steps closer to baptism. Bro Bronson is really excited for the lesson because they have just purchased a replica of the Liahona. We are going to try and use that to teach an object lesson. FUN!

Spring time is coming. There have already been signs. Cars are being covered by a green layer of pollen. And I mean covered. Think of a light snow in Utah, that is green. And it doesn't melt. For the last three days my sinus' have been shot. I feel like I've been banging my forehead on the wall in the same spot for the last three days. Its only my forehead, just above the nose. Painful I tell you. However, I've been taking my medicine, and medicine on top of my medicine and a lot of orange juice as well. Just to try and keep up. I'm doing better today and have been doing a lot better over all this winter. It's been great. I have only been sick a few times, unlike last winter when I was sick from Thanksgiving to April. It's been good here.

Tomorrow is going to be exciting. We are having a multi-zone conference in Pensecola. There we will be taught by Elder Alan F Packer of the seventy. We are very excited to listen to him, and because President promised us all red ties. ;) I'll tell you how it goes.

Love Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment