Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas time

Hey Everyone,

I can't believe that Tim is coimg home so soon. I seems like yesterday we were at his house taking pictures of everyone and having a blast. I remember going to the TCU - Utah game with him. What a trip that was!! Tim is the first one back. Erik will be there in no time, and six weeks later it'll be Erik, Tazz, T and me. Time is flying fast.

This Christmas season is a lot harder than last Christmas. I think it's because I'm so close to going home. Last Christmas I was close to when I came out and I didn't have a problem with it, but now it's hard. I just want to sit down in a warm blanket and watch the Polar Express. (sigh) I guess I should just keep working. We met with Karren Barrett this week. We took her over to the Legge's home to have a lesson. Brother and Sister Legge were kind enough to let us use their home. We taught Karren about the Plan of Salvation and everything that it implied. The Blessings, the Commitments, everything. After we asked her what she thought about being Baptized. She said she has nothing against it, she just needs to know for herself. She keeps telling us that it'll be hard because she is a New York'er. Haha. We told her it was possible and She agreed. After the lesson we were going out to our van and Karren came up to us. She asked us not to be mad with her, but that she has something to ask of us. How could we be mad at her, we would do anything she asks us!? Right!? Well...she asked us if she could take a break from church and the lessons. She doesn't want us to come over until after the Holidays. I had to bite my tongue. I wanted to say, "NO! We won't leave you." However, I'm way to nice and I said, "Of course." This is the second Christmas that Karren has had without her husband. He died about a year ago and it's still hard for her. Especially around the Holidays. So we haven't seen Karren since Wednesday. We didn't see her at church either, but we are going to try and keep tabs on her. She said we could. She also told us not to give up on her. That she loves what we are teaching and wants so much to believe that its true, she just needs a little bit of time around the Holidays. I hope she reads the Book of Mormon.

The Chabots are doing great! Kind of. They are ready for baptism. Well everyone except for Seth, but I'm sure he'll be ready soon. We are only waiting on one thing, Sister Chabot to give us a day. We talked to her last week about giving us a day for their Baptism and she said that she will think of a day. Well its been a week and a half and she hasn't given us one yet! She keeps saying that she is waiting for her mother to get back to her with a day, but there may be something else, we don't know yet. We went over to the Chabots home last night to give them a little lesson and a treat. We are going to be busy for the first part of this week and we wanted to see them. We showed up a little bit late because we had to give a blessing earlier, so we just gave them the treat. ;) TIM-TAM-SLAM's!! Yum. I'm sure some of you know what that is, but for those of you who do not know yet here are some basic steps:
1: Go to Target and buy 2 packages of Tim-Tams. (One for you and one for Elder Call)
2: If you don't already have hot chocolate, get some while you are getting the Tim-Tam's for your family, friends and Elder Call.
3: Make hot chocolate as directed with its packaging.
4: Open package of Tim-Tam's and grab one cookie for yourself, you can share later.
5: Bite one corner off, turn the cookie over and bite the opposite corner. You have now created the straw for your hot chocolate.
6: Dip on corner into the hot chocolate, making sure that the entire corner (one that you bit off) is in the yummy liquid.
7: Begin sucking like you would a straw and continue until you feel the hot chocolate coming through the cookie.
8: Hopefully you have read these directions before trying it out, because as you start to suck the hot chocolate through the Tim-Tam the hot chocolate begins to melt the Tim-Tam. After the hot chocolate begins to enter your mouth you slurp up the Tim-Tam. The hot chocolate should have melted the Tim-Tam and you will end up with a mouth full of Glorious Chocolate!
Hint: If these directions are too much for you too bad. The only way you will ever get that much chocolate into your system quicker is through an IV. I promise.

Any ways, that was our wonderful experience with the Chabot family. They loved it. Then they tried to get me to try it with a Twinkie. Maybe my skills weren't that good, but it failed miserably. Only Tim-Tam's (and possibly some similar cookie) will work as well. It was fun. I talked to Sister Chabot about a date last night, she still doesn't know. I don't think that she realizes that she is holding them back from the greatest blessing on the earth. The Holy Ghost. We'll try to help her see.

We took some more beach pictures last P-Day. It was awesome. The sun set at 4:30, so we went to the beach and had fun. I will send you a package with a few other things as well. I need to finish it up today. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. We are having a Mission Wide Christmas Party! My first ever. President Summerhays didn't do that. It will be fun to see all the other missionaries from the Mission that I miss.

I think that's all for this week. If I remember I'll send it to you soon. OH!!! I'm on Mormon.org!! You can create you're own profile and our mission president encouraged us to. It's not like facebook, but its pretty cool.

Love ya'll,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment