Elder Call

Elder Call
Off to the MTC

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy in Niceville

Hello Everyone,

There have been some big changes this last week here in Niceville.
Forrest Peart got baptized, The Chabot girls are really struggling,
Zone Conference was Friday and we have a third Elder in our
Companionship.

Friday seems like the best day to start. Since that was Zone
Conference. We introduced the Standard of Greatness to our Zone. First
we listened to a talk given by Elder Holland during the Mission
President seminar's. I don't think I'll ever hear it again, because
they aren't widely published. However I got to hear it twice in the
last two weeks. It really set the tone for our Zone as he talked about
the last moments of Joseph Smith's life. Then we each signed a new
banner. Did you ever get the remember this banner from President
Summerhays? Well we have another banner to hang. Another title of
Liberty. We also got a few other things to help remind us. President
and Sister Jensen are School Teachers, so they love objects. We got a
rock, a chisel and a picture of the Christus. We are to shape our own
rock selves into what Christ wants us to be. Pretty cool, but I found
a lame rock, so I'm on the hunt to find a new one. Its really really
hard to find a rock in Florida. All there is is sand. Lots and lots of
sand. We dug a hole for someone while doing service. There was no
dirt, it was sand. I'm still looking for a rock.
At the end of Zone Conference I talked with Elder Faalogo. He was one
of my old companions and an AP. He said that I look a lot happier than
when I was in Tallahassee. I would have to agree with him 100%. I just
feel a lot better here than Tallahassee. I still love the people
there, but it just didn't make me happy like I do now. I think it
could be a combination of things; General Conference, Elder Pearson,
The Beach, New Area, New Missionaries, Etc. There are so many things
that helped make it better, I just don't know what was the defining
moment. But I am definitely happier here.
Forrest got baptized on Sunday. It was a super long day. We had PEC at
7:30, then we had to stay at the church until 4 for the baptism and
didn't leave until 5:30. Church was great, but staying there for that
long wasn't. By the end of the day we were all tired and grumpy. Well
at least I was. Sad for being a baptism day. However the baptism
itself was awesome. Sis Peart is single and raising two boys; Aaron
and Forrest. Its been difficult, but she shared her testimony with us
during the baptism and how grateful she was that we were a part of her
and her boys life. Its so cool to see the true side of people when
they get a chance to share their testimony. We knew how important this
was to her, and Forrest knew it too. We confirmed him right after so
that he wouldn't have to wait to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We are going to try to keep in touch with them. Its going to be great
to see the change of the Spirit in their home.
The Chabots are having their ups and downs. Seth is doing great. I
don't know how, but the rubics cube has done wonders. We had a lesson
on Christ last Tuesday. We laid out 7 pictures of Christ life and
asked them to put them in order. When we were done we went over each
picture again. By the end Seth was teaching everyone else, including
his older sister and mom. It was so cool. Matt and Zack are doing
great. They were both in the Primary program yesterday. Both had parts
too. Zack talked about Joseph Smith and Matt talked about Christ. They
are doing great. Allie and Kelsey are struggling though. Its weird,
because they were the ones who were doing so good in the beginning. I
guess last week in church they heard some comments from the young
women that didn't sit well with them. Allie said she wasn't coming
back. She was at church yesterday, but only because her mom made her.
She really needs some support from the other girls in the ward, but
the girls themselves are struggling. The older girls in the ward are
not making smart choices and leading by bad example. The Bishop is
really concerned for the youth of his ward. In our prayer he prayed to
give the Beehives strength to be the examples for their older sisters.
So needless to say, the young women are struggling, which makes it
hard for us to teach and help Allie and Kelsey. I think that the new
Personal Progress on LDS.org is awesome, I'm going to check it out.
Does Megan or Shannon have one? That would be cool to show Allie and
Kelsey their picture. Same with any of the cousins or girls in the
ward or stake. Right now they just need some good examples. Even if it
comes through the internet. Just let me know.
Last, but not least, of all this week. We got a new companion. Elder
Nestor. He is from Pocatello, Idaho and is supposed to go to Brazil.
Because of his Visa though, he is stuck with us. What a bummer right?
His second day here we went to Destin and his third day was Zone
Conference. That should be enough to last him for a while, right?
Elder Nestor is supper prepared for a newb. He knows so much about the
gospel. He has read the standard works twice, that I know of. I can't
say the same, nor can a lot of other people. He is a stellar companion
and makes it easy for us to teach him.

Its been great in Niceville. I'm still hoping to get the cards soon so
I can send you some pictures of Destin. Its really pretty.
Thanks, Love you
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment